N
nutzforcats
Well-known member
- Joined
- Jan 14, 2016
- Messages
- 189
I go for my dental crown on Monday, trying to remain calm but still am fearing it as I have to get numbed and wear the dental dam. I had the root canal in November and am glad that is over with, had the filling done in Dec. and no issues with either. I had a crown 3 years ago so that helps knowing what to expect. My dentist is allowing two hours to do the prep. and temp. crown but am hoping it won't take that long, will be glad to get it over and done. What should I ask esp. about after care? I need some support and encouragement as I don't have many friends esp. that understand about my dental anxiety. Thanks.
. I was numbed for the crown but not to the extent that I was for the root canal. It wore off much faster and was just all around more pleasant than when I was numbed for the root canal (I’m not exactly sure why that is but there was a clear difference). The only thing I can deduce is not as much numbing is needed because the tooth is already basically dead? I could be wrong about that though. I think mine took about 2 hours (maybe 1 hr 45 min). From what I recall there wasn’t any specific aftercare. I think I could floss and chew normally on it (even the temp crown). Most of my crown appointment was a bit of blur ...I just put on my headphones and tried to zone out for most of it. It sorta felt like a really long filling. You are through the worst of it and in the home stretch!
Hope things go well. Also I agree some anesthetic was given but didn't last over maybe an hour past my appt it wasn't bad at all. Let us know how things go for sure.
I had a bad cold in Dec. and I still cough but not as bad as last month. I am trying to just know it will be over before i know it.




Congratulations! You should be very pleased with yourself! It sounds like you have found a keeper in your dentist. I too prefer to have assistants that know me. I’d rather be a nervous wreck in front of the same people over and over again versus new people each time! I am and have always been a “brave-facer” so if I’m with people who have already seen me nervous, it takes a lot of pressure off of me.