R
rabbit55
Junior member
- Joined
- Sep 20, 2026
- Messages
- 1
- Location
- USA
I have a very old, maybe 50 years ago, crowned tooth with 2 silver points (tooth 4, premolar upper right). There has been a slow growing spot on the x ray and now the dentist said it's an abscess although no pain but it has to come out. It is attached to tooth 3 with a crown that covers both. I understand that they have to cut it away from tooth 3 but once it's cut and they start the extraction, is it harder because it's crowned and will it be hard for them to remove the silver points? I am going to someone that's very well know where I live but petrified. I am not getting sedation, just local anesthesia and afraid of the pain even so. Do they usually give an injection in the palate as well as the outer gum? Are my chances of getting dry socket higher because of the removal of the silver points?