• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Damon Brace...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hayley08
  • Start date Start date
H

Hayley08

Junior member
Joined
Mar 16, 2008
Messages
17
Has anyone had a Damon Brace?

I'm getting one of these soon!

I think I'm almost over my dental fears.. getting there slowly :) but would like to hear if anyone knows about the damon brace. Do they hurt when being put on etc ?

Thanks8-)
 
Hi Hayley

Well done for taking on your phobia ..... one treatment at a time!!

Damon braces are the just a manufacturers name or the wires they use (I think) but still with blocks and wires.
I had blocks on the front of my teeth and a type of cat gut/fishing wire. There was no pain involved in putting them on or attaching the wires. For a couple of days afterwards my teeth ached a little and felt a bit 'dull' and tight but no pain.

:D
 
Back
Top