• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Decayed upper wisdom teeth extraction

M

Matthew1990

About 3 weeks ago I went to a local dental health clinic and was referred to an oral surgeon to get both of my upper wisdom teeth removed since they're decayed below the gum line and I guess they don't do those type of extractions. So my question is what is the method/procedure of getting them removed when they're decayed below the gum? Just wondering because it seems to me they wouldn't be able to grab onto the teeth and pull them out normally. I'm unable to go get an exam from them right now since i don't have insurance or the money yet so I figured I would ask here.

As for my dental history I haven't been to one since I was 15 going on 30 in january and never had any sort of dental work done not even a filling and I definitely get anxiety thinking about anything dentist related since I have no experience getting work done. Mostly afraid of not knowing if I'll be fully numb during a procedure and pain afterwards.

Back