V
Vaidile
Member
- Joined
- Jul 13, 2025
- Messages
- 72
- Location
- Lithuania
Hi,
I've had my upper right 3rd molar filled almost 2 months ago. The filling was very deep and the dentist only gave me about 70% chance that it would be successful. I've had no problems with the tooth since then until last night, when it suddenly became very sensitive to pressure. It doesn't hurt when nothing touches it, but it feels slightly raised and is painful when I probe it with my tongue or brush gently. I can't bite down on it at all.
I'm currently in the middle of root canal treatment for my lower right 2nd molar and I originally thought it was the one still giving me trouble, but no, it's definitely the upper one.
Do you think this means the tooth is infected and will need a RC or extraction? Could it have been aggravated by lots of work being done on lower teeth and tools occasionally hitting it from below? I'm going in to finish my root canal of the other tooth on Friday; would that be too long of a wait, or is it okay provided it doesn't get worse?
I've had my upper right 3rd molar filled almost 2 months ago. The filling was very deep and the dentist only gave me about 70% chance that it would be successful. I've had no problems with the tooth since then until last night, when it suddenly became very sensitive to pressure. It doesn't hurt when nothing touches it, but it feels slightly raised and is painful when I probe it with my tongue or brush gently. I can't bite down on it at all.
I'm currently in the middle of root canal treatment for my lower right 2nd molar and I originally thought it was the one still giving me trouble, but no, it's definitely the upper one.
Do you think this means the tooth is infected and will need a RC or extraction? Could it have been aggravated by lots of work being done on lower teeth and tools occasionally hitting it from below? I'm going in to finish my root canal of the other tooth on Friday; would that be too long of a wait, or is it okay provided it doesn't get worse?
