A
AtreidesKnight
Junior member
- Joined
- Dec 9, 2011
- Messages
- 7
I'm not afraid of pain. I've fractured both of my ankles several times, and even dislocated my knee cap. I never cried. I'm not afraid of needles either. In fact, whenever I give blood, I stare at the needle going in with some kind of morbid fascination.
I say this because, for some reason, the idea of hopping into a dentist chair fills me with terror. Every single needle, every single drill, every pinch or prod scares me.
Now, I've gone to the dentist, though it's been about two years, and I've had cavities filled, etc. But I still need major work done. I know I have two wisdom teeth that need to be pulled. I also have severe overcrowding, as in two of my upper front baby teeth never fell out and the permanents came in above them.
I've been lurking on these forums and reading the great responses that you fine folks give. I have a few issues. Do you think you folks can help me with them?

I say this because, for some reason, the idea of hopping into a dentist chair fills me with terror. Every single needle, every single drill, every pinch or prod scares me.
Now, I've gone to the dentist, though it's been about two years, and I've had cavities filled, etc. But I still need major work done. I know I have two wisdom teeth that need to be pulled. I also have severe overcrowding, as in two of my upper front baby teeth never fell out and the permanents came in above them.
I've been lurking on these forums and reading the great responses that you fine folks give. I have a few issues. Do you think you folks can help me with them?
- I'm terrified of getting my wisdom teeth extracted. I've heard so many horror stories. How easy is this procedure? Will I feel anything during? (I can handle any amount of pain afterward.)
- I'm 29. I've heard wisdom tooth extraction becomes more difficult with age. Is this true? If so, how bad will it be for me?
- What are the odds of parasthesia (not sure if I spelled that correctly)? I've heard horrifying stories of people never regaining the feeling in their jaw? What are the odds of fracturing my jaw during this procedure?
- Has anyone else experienced severe overcrowding? If so, how was the treatment procedure? How long do braces generally stay on?
- I imagine that I'd have to get at least two teeth pulled before I get braces. Do regular extractions hurt? Are there any complications that might arise from pulling these baby teeth at my age?

![Jumping [smiley=jumping.gif] [smiley=jumping.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/jumping.gif)
![Welcome [smiley=welcome.gif] [smiley=welcome.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/welcome.gif)
as you opened by saying you did not fear pain and then went on to query how painful several aspects of dental treatment were! 