• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dental implant ( a post) question. Popped out Christmas morning

K

kclady36

I have a post and a crown. Front tooth so I can not hide it. The crown popped out this morning. I can not get to a dentist till sometime in January or so. Ran to CVS and used the dental cement to put it back in. Can someone tell me how well these things work? I went into full panic mode when it popped out. I had to do a quick fix for its the front tooth and do not want to gross people out for everyone can see it when I talk

In general if the crown came off the prognosis is better than if the post came out.

the post is still in, the tooth around it ( at least I think that what it is) is a strange tan color. Is it my tooth or something covering tooth? The post was put in like 40 years ago. It was my first adult tooth broken in an accident as a pre-teen. The dental cement I picked up at cvs is not holding well so I think I will have to re-cement it over and over till I can get to the dentist? It is hard right now for my dental coverage completely changes on 1/1/2019

If it just needs recemented it will be a two minute job - my dentist wouldn’t even charge for it. If the underneath tooth has decayed then the crown might need replaced because it’s not fitting properly. Could you ring and make an appointment to find if it’s a quick fix, and then schedule treatment in the new year if need be?

Yes I got to have a new crown. They used a weak cement so they can easily pop it out.

Back