• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dentist Please Help...constant drainage/pus

L

ladywear

I would be very grateful for any help or advice.

Here is the story....peridontal disease. Had two top molars both next to each other extracted last week. Both had severe bone loss and were leaking puss. Had to go back to dentist two days after ....i have constant drainage from that area. Dentist wasnt worried, said extraction site was looking good but explained my saliva gland was over-working so i was getting excess saliva and this was mixed with some infection draining out from the extraction socket (from the peridontal infected pocket). He said both would settle down. However it is the weekend now......the tooth next door, my wisdom tooth is very loose, so much so i could move it with a cotton bud. I am now wondering if the puss is infact coming from the wisdom tooth and since this tooth was right next to the extracted pair with severe bone loss if this why it has come loose....because it also has severe bone loss. If this is the case....i havent eliminated the puss by having the two teeth out and i will need this wisdom tooth removed....how soon will i be able to do that given its right next to an extraction site and i still feeling ill from last week ! Maybe the puss is coming from the extraction site like the dentist has said but he didnt check my wisdom tooth. What a mess...please help, i know its hard to know for sure without x rays. thank you p.s i am considering having all my top teeth removed as there is significant bone loss and i seem to have puss draining out of several more teeth ...can i do this two at a time in the dentist chair with local anasethic

Last edited:
PamelaHogan said:
What can you expect during a dental checkup????

How does that help this poor person?

You really need a second opinion here - you've got a lot going on in your mouth. It's possible that the extractions exascerbated the wisdom tooth problem and made it more loose (could have been a bit loose to start with if you have severe bone loss). It sounds a bit drastic to take out all of your teeth - can't anything be done to prevent anymore bone loss or treat in any way what you have? I'm not a dentist and I know dental treatment is expensive wherever in the world you are. But I do think you need a second opinion. Sorry I can't be much help, but it sounds like you're having a tough time.:cry:

I would agree with the other poster; if you don't feel that your current dentist is being overly helpful given your situation, it might be time to seek the opinion of another dentist.

what you are going through sounds awful and in this day and age I'm sure something can be done to help you.

Is there another dentist you could go to if necessary?

Thank you everyone, yes I am thinking maybe i should get another dentist to give some input. My dentist is very black and white, no flexiblity, you either do this or that and thats it, nothing in between. I am having a really horrible time at the moment, my mouth is in such an unhealthy state, most of my problem is my underlying health which is M.E ...makes tolerating anything almost impossible. I think ordinarily peridontal disease is straight forward enough to treat but for someone like myself all the mouthwashes just cause allergies. Hopefully one day this will all get sorted.

Back