• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dentist ruined my crown

M

Mayo

Hi everyone,

I went in today to my cosmetic dentist to get the back of my front tooth crown reshaped, as the bite isn't feeling right. He got a little overzealous and somewhere along the way, he sliced off part of the bottom. The tooth is now a little shorter than the other front tooth, and has a straight edge to it, slightly at an angle. It looks very unnatural. I didn't realize it happened in the moment. Before leaving the dentist, I happened to look at it in the mirror, and noticed it right away. When I pointed it out to him, he completely denied doing it. He said he only worked on the back. But obviously I walked in with it one way, and out with it a different way.

So, he's refusing to work on it anymore. I'm going to need to find another dentist. But what options might I have? Is it possible to repair a porcelain crown by adding to it, so that it's of the same length again? He completely ruined it.

20210113_124438.jpg

It is the one on the right.

That's a shame. Looks like a nice crown. No there's no satisfactory way to repair it, at least not without it looking pretty crap. It'll need to be replaced.

Yes, it was a beautiful crown. I'm very sad and probably won't get it replaced, due to how traumatizing this event was. Back to hiding my teeth.

Thank you, Gordon.

That would be a shame, you have a beautiful smile, if I may say so.

You have no reason to hide your smile or teeth!!! They look beautiful even if your crown has sadly been slightly damaged. Jealous!

Honestly, most people would not even notice it. Almost everyone has slight imperfections in their teeth/smile.

I have the same issue with my crown on my front tooth. My dentist was grinding off the back also to make it fit with my lower tooth and it is slightly uneven now. I was upset about it at first but my husband pointed out that it really only shows at certain angles when you have your mouth open, and usually you don’t even notice.
I agree with the others...You have a beautiful smile!

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all your kind words.

You have a better smile than me