• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dentist tomorrow for the first time in 5 years. Feeling embarrassed, ashamed...

Re: Dentist tomorrow for the first time in 5 years. Feeling embarrassed, ashamed...

congrats!!!!

i put off the dentist for almost 10 years and know firsthand of the embarrasment factor that prevents dental visits! it seems like once we know what the plan is, it's all much easier to deal with and digest. i still don't look forward to going to get treatments, but the fear of not knowing what's going on in my mouth doesn't keep me up worrying at night anymore!

the costs of everything is astounding, but luckily there are usually options as far as treatments, payment plans and even timing for when things happen.

so proud that you made that first step, followed through and already had treatment started to get your mouth back to being the healthiest it can be! congrats again!

:) ally

Re: Dentist tomorrow for the first time in 5 years. Feeling embarrassed, ashamed...

You are going great, now those two roots are gone they can't cause you any more pain or problems in the future.

I guess the dentist didn't call it an extraction for a couple of reasons; maybe he classes it as an extraction only if there is part of the top bit left, or maybe he avoids that word so that you don't panic over it. Either way its done and you made it through :respect:

I understand the looking forward feeling too, to finally get thing sorted out is a great feeling.

Back