• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Denture for front teeth

  • Thread starter Thread starter Toothless Bob
  • Start date Start date
T

Toothless Bob

Junior member
Joined
Jan 5, 2021
Messages
5
Location
San Francisco, CA
Hi, I'm new here. I had my top four front teeth out several months ago and I'm still not used to the partial denture. I can't speak or eat well with it and I think it looks like fake teeth so I often go without the denture. I know I'm supposed to wear it more to get used to it but I still can't stand it. I also feel like everyone is staring at the denture when I wear it. I will be having at least two more top teeth (canines) out soon and will then have a denture with six front teeth. I'm terrified the six tooth denture will be bigger and bulkier and I won't be able to stand wearing that one either. I'm wondering how long it has taken others to get used to eating and speaking with their dentures? I feel like it's taking so long to get used to and my body wants to reject my partial denture.
 
Hi Bob,

I don’t have experience myself and hope some experienced members reply soon, but we have an article about dentures here and also a thread in our FAQ about getting used to dentures which I thought may be useful. I was wondering what your dentist says about how unhappy you are with the denture?
 
Thank you, Enarete. I keep getting assured by my dentist that my partial denture is just temporary and the permanent one will be placed when I have the other two teeth out. I haven't been going to the dentist as much to follow up as I normally would due to Covid.
 
Oh, ok, this makes sense. From what I‘ve heard the temporary dentures are the most uncomfortable ones, it‘s no surprise that you have difficulties getting used to it.
 
Yes, I am hoping the permanent ones fit and look better.
 
Hi, I'm new here. I had my top four front teeth out several months ago and I'm still not used to the partial denture. I can't speak or eat well with it and I think it looks like fake teeth so I often go without the denture. I know I'm supposed to wear it more to get used to it but I still can't stand it. I also feel like everyone is staring at the denture when I wear it. I will be having at least two more top teeth (canines) out soon and will then have a denture with six front teeth. I'm terrified the six tooth denture will be bigger and bulkier and I won't be able to stand wearing that one either. I'm wondering how long it has taken others to get used to eating and speaking with their dentures? I feel like it's taking so long to get used to and my body wants to reject my partial denture.
Stick with it ....hope everything else goes well ...keep us updated with your news
 
Last Tuesday I had my 5 remaining upper teeth removed and my immediate top dentures put in all is well some sore spots but where my dentures are rubbing the back of the roof of my mouth my throat is sore and I almost can’t stand them any longer I pray yours gets better as well my own ?
 
Back
Top