• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

do I brush my gums after top teeth extracted

A

abi

Hi I had my top teeth extracted on 15/04/15 do I brush my top gums I had dentures put straight in after surgery an what can I eat im sick of soup yogurt an ice cream please help

Hi I had my top teeth extracted on 15/04/15 do I brush my top gums I had dentures put straight in after surgery an what can I eat im sick of soup yogurt an ice cream please help

wow..that is good question!. im going through extactly samething.. top teeth removed 2 weeks ago.. waiting for dentures in few weeks. I really hope someone answer to you! best of luck.. gonna watch your post.

wow..that is good question!. im going through extactly samething.. top teeth removed 2 weeks ago.. waiting for dentures in few weeks. I really hope someone answer to you! best of luck.. gonna watch your post.
Wen I take my dentures out to clean I can see my gums are going white so not sure whether to brush

well for me I don't have temporary dentures. it was option for me when I did the work. I just figure I don't need them I wanted my gums to breath so it heals faster. going around with no teeth on top for 5 weeks or so don't bother me. (healing faster without temp denture is totally my thinking..no facts to it, so im not recommending you to take them out) I don't know how long ago you got them extracted. but until it heal well I don't think you should brush. I only brush bottom teeth and saltwater rinse(lighly). don't touch top gum what so ever. and not going to for 5 weeks. but best way to know is ask your dentist if you have urge to brush top gum.

Wen I take my dentures out to clean I can see my gums are going white so not sure whether to brush

oh..i had that too after few days of extraction. that white film and specs. I just ignore them I don't think you should touch it until you blood clot is well set. it might be process of clot setting.(im not a doctor im just stating what I went through, so any real concern, talk to your dentist)

What have u been eating im so hungry I had them out on 15/04/15

oh you don't wanna know what I've been eating... I've been eating...well no I've been drinking everything. ensure,v8, chicken soup..etc..anything that drinkable. I miss solid food so much. I know im gonna cry when that first bite of juicy hamburger.

I just wanna eat something simple like scrambled egg or rice

yes when the sockets are healed you begin brushing but very gently

Back