• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Emotional 😭

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vanessa7
  • Start date Start date
V

Vanessa7

Junior member
Joined
Jun 17, 2024
Messages
2
Location
Arizona
Hello everyone I recently realized my top last molar was broken. I don't even know how it broke. I did cry when I found out.
I already have a tough time when it comes to my dental care. We didn't go to the dentist much as kids. At 23 I went and got all my teeth checked and treated.
I did wrong in skipping years here and there and not going to the dentist like I should.

Well today I went to the dentist. Actually I went to 2 dentist to get a second opinion. One says he can put a crown on it and the other dentist said there's not enough tooth structure for a crown. I'm at a loss on what to do since I am not currently working. Has anyone had a similar story they have experienced?
Thank you for any input ☺️
 
Hi @Vanessa7 that must be very confusing. You could get a third opinion or, if you're able to take a photo of it, try posting here in the Ask a Dentist for another opinion. Obviously you don't want to spend a lot of money on a crown that's likely to fail when you're already struggling financially.
 
@letsconnect thank you
My sister recommended the same thing. I made an appointment for a free exam at the dentist she goes too.
 
Great, please let us know how you got on :)
 
Back
Top