S
shirleydal
Junior member
- Joined
- Jul 24, 2006
- Messages
- 2
![Hiding behind the sofa [smiley=hiding.gif] [smiley=hiding.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/hiding.gif)
Hi My name is Shirley and I live in United Kingdom.
I have had a fear of the dentist for as far back as I can remember but visited them as regular as I could until unfortunately due to a genetic pre-dispostion and a 15 year smoking habit (I gave up 5 years ago-smoking that is-) I found myself with peridontal disease that resulted in the loosening and very wide gaps in most of my existing teeth and very blcak fillings at the back with many holes and gaps.
My fiancee kindly offered to treat me to cosmetic surgery as he does contract IT work with a very good dentist whom I may add is the most wonderful empathic dentist I have ever came across Martin Cowan in Rodney Street Liverpool United Kingdom. (little plug there)
Anyway had 3 extractions and the rest filed down and 10 units put in on a temporary bridge
that has left me with a lisp and I have been an emotional wreck for 5 days since
-- I can't stop bloomin crying
and have gone into a depression and I just cannot understand that the mouth looks wonderful and my smile is beautiful I am in absolute bits . I feel like S..t to put it mildly.To top it all my mother is being an absolute unsympathetic ..... aswell but whats new there ??
I thought I may not stop crying this evening ... thanks for letting me vent and any support will be gratefully accepted,
Thank you in advance
Love
xx Shirley xx 
! I wasn't quite sure after reading your message what exactly depresses you at the moment - the lisp or something else? If it's the lisp, sometimes it can take a little while to adjust to a slightly altered bite, or all that might be needed may be a minor adjustment. Have you talked to your dentist about this yet?
!