• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Erupted lower wisdom teeth removal

  • Thread starter Thread starter FJW
  • Start date Start date
F

FJW

Junior member
Joined
Feb 4, 2026
Messages
5
Location
UK
So, I finally went to the dentist yesterday after not going for a number of years. I need few small fillings and they've recommended the removal of both lower wisdom teeth. They've got cavities, but they think they'll start having neglect effect on the health of the 2nd molars. All the information I've seen online is for impacted wisdom teeth. If the teeth are erupted does it have a difference to the recovery time? Also, do you need to be sedated? I hate the dentist (sorry, I am sure you are lovely people :)) and as much as I am scared, I want to get in and out there as quickly as possible. Another question, will/ can they remove both lower teeth at the same time?

Thank you!
 
Back
Top