• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Extraction query.

B

Bearboss

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for any advice people provide.

Brief story,

Had two teeth taken out 2 weeks ago, left #6 top and bottom. Quite traumatic removals, (dentists words)

Second day after removal, I was in unbearable pain. Took painkillers to little effect, only seemed to reduce the pain in my ear that was linked to the pain in my mouth.

Suffered through this from the Saturday to the Tuesday morning. Went to emergency dental hospital and was told I had dry socket in both extraction sites. They packed some medicated substance within and sent me away.

Since then the pain has gone, the top extraction seems to be all but closed over and healed. Can still feel small hole with tongue.

The lower extraction seems to be the same size it was with no sign of it getting smaller. The medicated substance has since long departed my mouth. The taste that I am getting in my mouth from that area is making me sick almost.

I'm rinsing my mouth multiple times a day and brushing my teeth twice a day. Nothing is taking the taste that I'm getting in my mouth.

Should I be worried about this. It's currently Saturday and I do not have the funds to see a private dentist.

Anyone else experienced this?

Hi I am not a dentist but it sounds like you have an infection, go back to the emergency dentist if you can't see the person that did the extraction. Its nothing to panic about but it does need looking at and possible antibiotics or cleaning out.

Back