• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

extraction site query

S

sparkydog

Hi, I hope someone will be able to help. I had a tooth extracted in April ( the second from back tooth on botom left). It went pretty well and seemed to heal fine however lately I have had three small shards of bone work their way to the surface which I have removed with tweezers and then since a couple of weeks ago I have had lumps form on the extraction site that produce pus when I squeeze them (sorry I know that is horrible - I have to wipe it with kitchen roll to remove it). I don't have any pain and there doesn't feel like there is any pressure there.
Any advice /info would be really gratefully received as I am not due back at the dentist untill the beginning of September.
Thanks in advance, Kerry :)

If pus is coming out, it needs to be looked at. Make an appointment with your dentist.

Thanks Gordon. Do you think that it is a bit of bone that has got stuck?

That would be the most likely thing, unless a wee bit of root fragment was left behind.

Back