• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Extraction site began bleeding one week post extraction .... help!!!

Epal15

Epal15

Hello I hope Im posting this in the correct area.
exactly a week ago I had my lower left molar extracted as it had gotten infected and was painful.
after the extraction it bled but stopped after 5 hours,my main concern was avoiding dreaded dry socket,I was so happy everything was well and I made it past the window of getting it. Well 2 days ago I went to do groceries and all was well it was a lot of walkin and slight lifting but I seemed to be ok.
Yesterday morning I brushed away from the extraction site and did salt water rinse as I had been . I went back to work around 9am all seem well until 12 when I tasted blood and I noticed my extraction site was bleeding!!!! It looked like I just got the tooth extracted ! I rinsed with salt water and still bleeding I came home and layed down and there's a trickle of blood there is no pain . What could have caused this? what can I do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated !! So worried!
update::::: bleeding stopped with tea bag, didn't bleed all night , today mid day bleeding began again after eating a soft banana on opposite side :/ HELP PLZ!

Hi, I had two molars extracted in September and they wept for about a week after. Sometimes it looked worse than it actually was as when it mixes with saliva it appears more.

Last edited:
I hope it's doing better now. :(

Can you maybe eat on the other side? I think its normal sometimes and it also depends on how complicated it was. Make sure not to brush too hard! >_< Sometimes hard brushing around the area can make it bleed. Mine did bleed a week after but it wasn't anything like yours though. :( The infection can also maybe hinder the healing but I think overtime it will heal just fine.
:XXLhug:

Also make sure you don't rinse your mouth too much! :O my dad did that after he got a tooth extracted and it never healed properly because he went nutsy coo coo with his salt water rinsing LOL. He ended up having to go back to have the dentist make it better.

Bun, now that you mention it after the 24 hour mark after the extraction I was rinsing about 4 times a day with warm salt water rinses .
i just can't believe I'm back to day one basically not week one ugh. I'm not a big fan of the dentist. Would hate to go back but will do if I get worse ....I hope I improve with time ! Thank you!

Back