• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Extraction today. Terrified! Don't know if can go through with it!

B

Bunnyface

I'm due to get a severely decayed, infected tooth taken out today. I'm so scared, I feel so nauseous and keep gagging and my heart is racing I'm so anxious. My temperature is raised too but my tooth feels fine and I'm not sick? Can they still remove it if I have a fever? I'm so scared

Hiyer,

Sorry you are feeling so awful. I think you need to assess what is anxiety, and what is true illness. It seems you are feeling a mixture of both in your post. Have you taken your temperature and do you have a fever properly? Have you been given antibiotics for the infected tooth?
Do you know, extractions are often easier and quicker than other dental work done....my daughter had 4 done in about the same time as one teeny filling takes.
Come back and talk.....

I’m sorry I didn’t see this until just now. I hope all went well for you today. You will be sore for a time but it’s best to have bad teeth removed for your overall health. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Hiyer,

Sorry you are feeling so awful. I think you need to assess what is anxiety, and what is true illness. It seems you are feeling a mixture of both in your post. Have you taken your temperature and do you have a fever properly? Have you been given antibiotics for the infected tooth?
Do you know, extractions are often easier and quicker than other dental work done....my daughter had 4 done in about the same time as one teeny filling takes.
Come back and talk.....

Thank you, I had the tooth removed no problem, I explained about my slight fever and he said it wouldn't matter at all. It was over in minutes. Had some bleeding since and quite a bit of pain but it was a lot easier than I imagined!

I’m sorry I didn’t see this until just now. I hope all went well for you today. You will be sore for a time but it’s best to have bad teeth removed for your overall health. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Thank you! I'm feeling quite a bit of pain now and a couple of bleeds since but the procedure was simple and he had it out in about 3 minutes!

Brilliant! Well done you !!! I said it would be quick....it great that you came back to give some feedback for those who might face a similar thing.

Yay!!! You did it! How are you feeling now?

Yay!!! You did it! How are you feeling now?

Pretty sore still and the swelling has started today but I can see granulated tissue in the extraction site already so I'm hoping I will be feeling a little more comfortable soon!

I was sore for a good 10 days. Not pain, but sore. The swelling lasted a few days too.

Hey, congrats for going through with it! Hopefully the soreness will be gone soon. However the worst step is behind you I would say.. :) Keep us updated how are you doing.

Hey, congrats for going through with it! Hopefully the soreness will be gone soon. However the worst step is behind you I would say.. :) Keep us updated how are you doing.

Thank you! Feeling a lot better pain wise today and the whole extraction site has visible granulation tissue covering it so fingers crossed I'm on the home stretch!

Back