• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Extractions with IV sedation success

Z

zeckzer74

I had my extractions today my 1st time ever with any Sedation. Much less "conscious sedation" - that word "conscious" made me so paranoid. Like how can I hear you & expect and not hear anything else.

I googled and YouTubed anything I could find. Found this site and it was so so helpful. Talked to everyone I could literally it consumed my life with fear I was a completely different person.

I haven't truly slept in months or been myself since at least May when this nightmare started.

Like I literally bawled all day yesterday even in the phone to the confirmation scheduler. Saying I don’t want do this, keep my $ all of it. Complete insanity. ??

I promise you if I can do it. You can. I threatened to like everyone in my family so many times to cancel. I had nightmares about it. I thought and spun my head mentally in circles 24/7.

I saw both vials go in my IV never saw the room spin or saw any ring didn’t notice a vision change. No tingling. Never felt or heard anyone say we are done or shake me awake. Nothing.

Heck, I even walked out after. Didn’t need a wheelchair. Stayed awake till 2pm (my procedure was @8am) 1st of the day.

Then got tired and passed out until 7:15 pm.

I feel decent so far a bit sore but overall good.

I promise you got this!?

Am so glad it went well for you. Well done:)

Back