• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Fame at last! But still have the dental problems...

G

Gilbo

Hi everyone. Looking on a post about emergency dental treatment on here, especially a bit about making your own 'temp teeth' and blow me down, in this example, the first post is by me! Well I never did. Anyway, just to recap (pun intended). I had a molar removed back in March, leaving a gap with two teeth either side for my tongue to catch on. I had gotten used to it and the nausea/gagging caused by that had stopped. However... It's now come back! Nearly nine months on and I'm back to square one! I am having to once again, sleep with my night guard in and sometimes either use that during the day too, or shoving a bit of chewing gum in the gap. I've gone through a whole course of radiation for my Prostate Cancer and now also have a really bad case of Sciatica on my left side, but there just seems to be no end to the tooth problem!

I had a spinal injection of steroids for the Sciatica just recently and wonder if that could be somehow related? I wouldn't have thought so though, especially as, so far, the injection hasn't helped remove any of the intense pain associated with the Sciatica. A neighbour was telling us about her daughter (think I may have mentioned her before), who has recently had three lots of treatment at my old dentist, (where I wish I'd stayed now!) and a few other people we know have also had recent dental treatment. However, having rung my new (but officially still unregistered) dentist (again), who I have yet to meet, they are STILL saying that they "have taken the decision to suspend all but emergency dental care across our dental practices." Which they have been saying since March 2020. I have had enough of this nonsense and really need something shoved in this gap, to try to fix (even temporarily) my problems! Any thoughts or ideas on where I may get some help (eg, dentists who are now practicing as normal again), will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Gilbo, sounds like you've really been through the mill this year! I suppose private dentists have been practicing as normal again for a while now. In Norwich, we've had several recommendations for Chris Lefkaditis at Hellesdon Dental Care. Not sure though if this is financially viable for you, or whether you were specifically looking for ideas on where you could get NHS treatment?

Thanks letsconnect. Yes I've heard of him before. I will have to contact him this week and see if he can offer me any help, for hopefully not too much cash! Just to add insult to injury, my disabled partner has a carer who has tested positive for Covid 19 and we are currently isolating! So it will take a bit longer yet before anything can be done, but I shall ring anyway to find out any information. Thanks again.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you ?- good luck!

Back