• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Fear about implant - see attached xrays

  • Thread starter Thread starter TRE
  • Start date Start date
T

TRE

Junior member
Joined
Aug 23, 2025
Messages
7
Location
Arlington va
As you can see, tooth #7 has resorption and is not savable; the prosthodontist proposes to extract, bone graph, implant and temporary crown, all in one sitting.
This condition has been going on for two years. I want to postpone surgery another month or two; the doctor, however says waiting even that short period of time may endanger the surrounding teeth. I can’t imagine since it’s been a slow progression that another month or two would make a difference, but hey, what do I know? please advise , empathize, any feedback is welcome. That’s why I joined today this portal. This is my first posting.cid:691B3262-2369-4652-9B78-9B9847CBF2F5.jpegcid:FF6121F9-1FE2-45D3-9D53-9AE4E50B3347.jpeg
 
One more attachment photo of tooth 7.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3017.jpeg
    IMG_3017.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 10
There's an awful lot of bone loss associated with the resorption, so I'd want to get that done ASAP before you lose any more.

However, I don't know your reasons behind wanting to postpone, so they may well be more important.
 
Back
Top