• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Fear is getting the better of me - D-day friday

I really think you should get it out of the way so that you can at least try+enjoy xmas,are you nhs? If so appointments are hard to get esp at the mo,I'm about to change to private but still haven't got one till end of jan.
Iam NHS and I was lucky to get an appointment for nxt Wednesday to get a wisdom tooth out ?..wanted it out before Xmas so I can enjoy my beer and food lol ....but still very anxious about this ....this will be my 1st extraction by a dentist ?? haven't been to a dentist in 30 years until Wednesday there ..nerves are wrecked

Iam NHS and I was lucky to get an appointment for nxt Wednesday to get a wisdom tooth out ?..wanted it out before Xmas so I can enjoy my beer and food lol ....but still very anxious about this ....this will be my 1st extraction by a dentist ?? haven't been to a dentist in 30 years until Wednesday there ..nerves are wrecked
Hope it goes ok,I get that i've been having regular treatment/appointments for the last 7yrs I think I've got worse not better (thanks to certain people). I'm hoping things will improve in the new year when I move places.

Hope it goes ok,I get that i've been having regular treatment/appointments for the last 7yrs I think I've got worse not better (thanks to certain people). I'm hoping things will improve in the new year when I move places.
Ye I just hope that it's quick and easy for him to do & iam out of there quick and hope I don't feel a thing ? ..the anxiety has started and the none eating aswell ??.hate the waiting ...iam just getting numbed for it..he seemed really layed back about it when I mentioned it on Friday ,, just said we'll book u in for Wednesday.. I asked will u just numb me .. he said ye...as easy as anything ....and iam the opposite shitting myself lol

This time tomorrow I’m hoping it will be all done???

I’m really having a moment! I’m just so terrified of feeling the pressure! Will the sedation make me less aware of this!? I’m just sat here imagine it!

Ye I just hope that it's quick and easy for him to do & iam out of there quick and hope I don't feel a thing ? ..the anxiety has started and the none eating aswell ??.hate the waiting ...iam just getting numbed for it..he seemed really layed back about it when I mentioned it on Friday ,, just said we'll book u in for Wednesday.. I asked will u just numb me .. he said ye...as easy as anything ....and iam the opposite shitting myself lol
I totally understand+the not eating thing (my appetite went long ago) hope it goes ok for both of you. Try and distract yourselves till your appointments (rather ironic me saying that but true).

I’m really having a moment! I’m just so terrified of feeling the pressure! Will the sedation make me less aware of this!? I’m just sat here imagine it!
Deep breaths ..I try and do that to keep calm ,, works abit ...keep saying I can do this ?

I totally understand+the not eating thing (my appetite went long ago) hope it goes ok for both of you. Try and distract yourselves till your appointments (rather ironic me saying that but true).
Been trying to ,, walking the dog ,, deep breathing ,, telling myself I can get through this anxiety ...tough tbh

hope it all goes super smoothly tomorrow! I had IV sedation a very long time ago and it went really well. I didn't remember anything and it felt like time sped up, so I was getting the medication in my arm and then BAM I was done!

I did it!!! I actually did it! So much worry and anxiety over the last six weeks but for today I will be proud of myself.

it was so quick appointment at 12.30 and was back in the car at 13.25 minus two teeth!

I was aware but the sedation worked well enough to stop me from caring!

I am still numb but other than a headache (stress and possibly caffeine withdrawal?) I feel ok!

I am so happy that my brain can focus on other stuff now!

I am so so grateful for this site! Thank you all x

I did it!!! I actually did it! So much worry and anxiety over the last six weeks but for today I will be proud of myself.

it was so quick appointment at 12.30 and was back in the car at 13.25 minus two teeth!

I was aware but the sedation worked well enough to stop me from caring!

I am still numb but other than a headache (stress and possibly caffeine withdrawal?) I feel ok!

I am so happy that my brain can focus on other stuff now!

I am so so grateful for this site! Thank you all x
Very Very well done ,, superb effort ?enjoy the relief.....hopefully my experience on Wednesday is quicker and pain free aswell

Woohooo!!! Excellent job, and so brave of you going in today to have it done! I'm glad it all went well!

Back