• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Feel really depressed again

Sending you hugs, Russell. We all jumped into practical advices about what you could do to change your dental situation, but I feel like this is not about seeking solutions (yet). And that’s fine. Once it‘s time for this step you will have the information already.

Feel free to vent and write here as much as you wish if it helps. You can also start a journal. And it doesn’t all have to be about the dental part of things.

All the best wishes

Russell,
I know you’re feeling down right now. There’s no easy fix for that, and I hope you can get or are getting mental health support. If this is something that’s just not an option right now, please post as much as you need to on here. We’ve all had issues to deal with, no one is here to judge you. This is a very supportive forum, and we’d be glad to be there for you. You’ve accomplished so much already - please don’t let this make you forget everything you’ve worked so hard for. I’m not in the UK, so I’m not familiar with the NHS, but NETWizz gave you an idea where to start. I’ve read others posts about their experience with NHS dentistry, and I get the impression that it’s not perfect, but hopefully you can get some help with what you’re going through.

I am trying but I'm not settled at the moment I dont no where I stay from one day to the next at the moment so I'm finding it difficult to get sorted thank you for your reply
If you are in the US, I can try to point you in the right direction.

How does billing work with the NHS and getting an appointment? Do you pay the dentist up front, or does the NHS bill you?

IMO if you can get an exam, cleaning, and X-Rays to figure out what can be done for you particularly to get you out of pain then £22.70 is very fair. I have dental insurance which I pay for, and I still pay about $60 in the USA for an out-of-network dentist meaning the dentist does not agree to prices set by the insurance.

What kind of work are you doing?

Thank you for your reply I've tried to do that but it wont pay for it as it's been going on too long but I go to the dentist and then pay after each treatment

Back