• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Feeling down, I guess I just need some support

J

JasmineTilde

Simply put, I thought I would be done with everything soon but it looks like I still have a long way to go. The dentist I visited referred me to another, assuring me they would take care of almost everything I need in one sitting, when in reality they're only doing one root canal. I need multiple, as well as some fillings.

I'll have to be jumping back and forth with dentists, hygienists, and an endodontist. I'm a little unnerved because they take digital x-rays each time, and my next visit should mark the third time I've been x-rayed within two months (but closer to one), and all of this radiation can't be healthy.

I feel pretty crappy about how bad I was with my teeth. I drank mostly soda my entire childhood, almost never water. My brushing habits weren't the best for a while, either and flossing was rare. I'm nineteen now and just dealing with the consequences and trying to turn my life around - and my current insurance only covers dental for another two years so I'm on a semi-tight schedule.

This is stressing me out so badly.

dont dread on the past, we cant change it now, when i was younger i never barley went to the dentist either and ate candy and drank juice and pop like crazy.
7 years ago i had 13 fillings done
in between apts always more that needed to be done and would pop up
2014 had 3 wisdom teeth out, kept one due to missing a molar
more filling in between
now 3 weeks ago a root canal
and now i go back tonight because i cracked the wisdom tooth they kept it, i am opting to pull it, but wont be tonight and a cracked molar...i pray they can fix this molar and i can keep it
now in april i need a crown on my root canal tooth.

i feel like i will never be out of the dentist office, but you know what, we are now taking charge and caring for out teeth! high five to you for taking charge!
i promise it will all be worth it and yoll look back and be so proud!

Hello

It sounds like you are already being proactive and doing what needs to be done so you need to give yourself some credit there, that's half the battle.

There's a lot of other people out there that are just ignoring there problems and you are hear facing up to them so good for you my friend and try to just stay positive about how great you will feel when you are out of the woods.

You've started your journey, that's already an amazing accomplishment. Your encouragement and motivation to get started has helped me make that decision too.

I know things seem tough and will be frustrating but know that we are all rooting for you and looking at you as inspiration. We're all here together for similar reasons and we're all here to help one another through our struggles.

Sending hugs and thanks for helping me!