• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

feeling down.

blairghost

blairghost

Hello to all

I just felt i needed to post this. This is not about my me, but about my father. An hour ago i noticed he had discomfort in his mouth and putting his fingers on his teeth. I asked him what was wrong. Btw my father had a stroke and has difficulty talking. I asked him if his teeth hurt. He just simply nodded and in tears.

My heart just sunk.

Because i know that feeling. The pain. He told me that multiple teeth were hurting. I texted my dentist if she could see him tomorrow. I immediately gave him meds for the pain.

I am worried about the complications. Can he handle it? My father also has hypertension and in poor health.

I would really appreciate any insight about this. I wish that i could trade places with him instead. I couldnt stand to see him in such pain.

Hi the dentist will take note of your fathers medical conditions and what medications he is on. They do a full medical history. They will be able to help him. I am sure he will be able to be got out of pain tomorrow when he sees your dentist. I am thinking you are going in with him, if not do. You understand him and can speak for him to make it easier for both him and the dentist.

I wish you both all the best and I hope he does leave your dentist pain free tomorrow. Good luck :clover::clover::clover:

I think it is much worse to see someone else suffer especially when they are someone as close as you and your father. He will be fine, he has you in his corner :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::butterfly:

Thank you again Ms. Carole.

I did go with him today to my dentist. But my dentist refused to do any work without a medical clearance. We will go tomorrow and see my fathers doctor for an evaluation. Also, my dentist put something in my dad's teeth. Said it will help with the pain. She put something in buds of cotton. I hope that will lessen the pain in the meantime.

I really do hope that he gets the treatment he needs as soon as possible. We will go first thing in the morning.

Thank you and God bless!

I'm sorry to hear about your father, blairghost. Nothing to add to what Carole said, just want to tell you I'm thinking of you both and sending good vibes. :hug4:

Thank you, Sevena!

At the moment, my father is already asleep. Turned the ac up so he can sleep comfortably. Obviously he is still in pain. I hope that everything goes well tomorrow.

Thank you for the support and the prayers!

Good luck for tomorrow, I am sure that something can be done. Did the Dr say it was okay for the dental treatment to be given. I hope he gets a good days/nights sleep until the dentist appointment.

All our best wishes to both of you :XXLhug::XXLhug::XXLhug::friends::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::butterfly: