• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Finally managed a dental injection in my gum!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sonikkusong
  • Start date Start date
S

Sonikkusong

Junior member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
14
Location
Norwich, Norfolk
After 20 minutes of crying, 40 minutes of the dentist telling me to stop wriggling around and another 20 minutes of crying after seeing the needle, I FINALLY MANAGED TO GET IT DONE!!! :laugh: Well, after more than 12 attempts. I hated having the cotton wad shoved in my mouth, but at least it numbed the area for me! And do you know what? I SERIOUSLY DIDN'T FEEL ANYTHING AT ALL! I was SOOOOOOO scared about this injection, I thought it was gonna really STAB and HURT. But I felt very small pinches going down my jawline every now and then and that was it. Seriously. That was all it was! Toothache hurts MUCH more than getting the injection, honestly. I was supposed to have an extraction that day too, but I couldn't do it. One success at a time :cool: While the needle was in, the assistant squeezed my hand, and I just looked out the window and took really deep breaths. And about 10 - 15 seconds later, the needle was out! It didn't really feel like anything at first, but soon I was so numbed up, it felt like there was a golf ball in my cheek lol. After the dentist did that, I sat up, thanked her and said "Sorry, but only one success at a time thanks. I'll book another appointment for the extraction" And she was like ".....Uh, ok then?" :giggle:

Phew! Glad I managed a needle though! That's a huge step forward for me :respect: :cloud9:
 
Back
Top