• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Finally saw a dentist.  Have a question.

W

wendula

Former Member
My name is Wendy, and I am SO happy to have found this place!! No one else seems to understand my dental fears (except my brother who has the same).

I finally did it. I finally went to a dentist after too many years to count. Basically they took one look at my mouth and told me that before they could even attempt to work on me, I'd need to see a periodontist as my mouth is terribly diseased. I went to him today

The appt today went really well. He was direct, but kind, He examined me and explained that I need 5 teeth pulled to begin with. I explained to him about my fear, but he did his best to put me at ease yet didn't belittle my fears. He gave me an antibiotic to start with before he starts major cleaning and 1 of the extractions next week. :scared:

This is going to a BIG deal for me!

He also said that they will have to do "root planing" on me. Is that as bad as it sounds?!

Re: Finally saw a dentist.  Have a question.

are the five teeth loose?

Wendy:

:jump:
Boy, am I proud of you. You accomplished in one day what some of us couldn't do in years and years. You saw two different kinds of dentists. Pat yourself on the back.

I have no idea about Route Planing but I know some of your new buddies on these boards will come and explain it all to you.

Again, very nice my dear. You accomplished a great deal!!!

Way to go.

Melody

Hey Wendy,

How brave are you! :hug2: Your doing really well.

:welcome:. Everyone here is soooooo friendly and understand every little worry. There is always someone to help, and lots of good advice 24-7.

Good luck with ur extraction next week. thinking of you.
:XXLhug:

Back