• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

First appointment in 8 years tomorrow

E

emilykk

So, my problem tooth was getting better, but the past few days it's been a little weird. Feeling sensitive, toothache, a small lump on the gum which bleeds when I push on it. The dentist wants me to go in tomorrow at 9:20 and I am SO NERVOUS. I'm terrified that they're just going to take my tooth out and I'll have to get dentures or something. I used to love the dentist as a kid (weird I know!!) but I loved it and now I'm so scared that I'm going to be toothless. My uncle is a dental tech and he said that he's not back at work so I'm scared I'll just have to go around for weeks with no teeth!? I'm so scared that they're going to take my teeth from me.

So how did you get on?

So how did you get on?
I'm so embarrassed but I cancelled. I went on the website and they're only doing really limited treatments, but in a week they're doing all the treatments they offer. I got really scared that they were just going to pull my tooth without me allowing it and leaving me toothless so I asked to rearrange :(

Hi Emily, your dentist will need your consent to carry out any treatment. If you don't want the tooth removed, it won't be removed, period.

If it did need removing (with your consent of course!), it is nearly always possible to provide an immediate replacement so you don't have to face the world toothless!

Wishing you all the best for your appointment :grouphug:

Hi Emily, your dentist will need your consent to carry out any treatment. If you don't want the tooth removed, it won't be removed, period.

If it did need removing (with your consent of course!), it is nearly always possible to provide an immediate replacement so you don't have to face the world toothless!

Wishing you all the best for your appointment :grouphug:

Thank you!! I guess I'm just super nervous. My mum and grandma both had to go SIX WEEKS without front teeth/entire mouth and I'm so scared that'll happen to me. My uncle said that he's not open (he's a dental technician) and so I guess I worried too much that they'd just send me home toothless. I just am so frightened that something will happen without my consent :( The dentist wants me to call back tomorrow and I want to rearrange for next week!!

Back