• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

first new crown and bite feels off

E

Eltororojo85

just got a new crown on a top molar on the left side of my mouth this morning and I feel like the bite is off. The crown was really high at first, to where the teeth on the right side of my mouth werent even close to touching, but the dentist did file a lot and checked my bite multiple times with paper until the teeth on the right side eventually tore the paper. he said let's try that and if it gives you any trouble let me know and we can adjust...it still felt off to me. Now I'm at home and I'm going crazy cause when I clench my teeth I only feel the new crown and the tooth below it. It still feels like the teeth on my right side aren't even touching.......am I crazy, will it adjust to feel "normal", or is my bite likely still off?

Easy..... if it feels high it most likely is high.

Couple of years ago I spent 45 minutes adjusting a 5 tooth bridge that her "preferred provider dentist" had placed. The patient was in considerable pain. Don't ignore it if it feels off.

Back