• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Foods I can eat with Dentures?

T

Travie87

Hello all. I am sitting here in the Sun chewing a starburst and it got Me wondering what I can eat while I am wearing My dentures? I am gonna need so much support in the next year. Thanks.

Travie,

First off last I heard on other posts you were in the hospital so I hope you are doing better. Just to answer this question. I have a bottom partial denture 7 teeth. I can eat anything on it now. but some things are harder to get used to like meat and nuts and such. I gradually tried more "daring" foods. It takes some time to get used to chewing different kinds of foods.

As kr says, it takes time to learn how to eat with dentures. I have a full top old-fashioned denture and a lower snap on with implants. You really have to practice, and learn how to move the food around and when to bite down on each side. It's a trial and error kind of thing. I'm so happy now with my beautiful smile though and the only things I can't eat are those I need to bite straight into, like an apple. I'm free to cut that apple up though, and bite off pieces with the sides of my teeth. The one goal I had, was to be able to eat bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches again, and thought that the hard bacon and slippery lettuce would cause problems. But they didn't! I now eat BLT's a lot! Also, I prefer to take my dentures out when eating ice cream, because it just isn't as good with them in, lol.

I'm very concerned when it comes to what I'm going to be eating in 4wks too (after my op) was going to post a similar thread. I know I should be eating+drinking way more than I am doing (whilst I can) but its so hard to do when you have no appetite.

Hello all. I am sitting here in the Sun chewing a starburst and it got Me wondering what I can eat while I am wearing My dentures? I am gonna need so much support in the next year. Thanks.
Do you mean full dentures? if so, will the dentures be supported by implants?

Back