• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Solid foods after tooth extraction? And Halloween

K

kaitlyn_moore15

Hello!
I'm new here and only 15, my first time at the dentist was 3 weeks ago and just yesterday at 1:20 (the thingy ended around 230) I got an old gross tooth removed I think it was a root canal but they didn't put anything in the gum hole it's just suppose to heal and they stitched it up. Anyway! I was wondering when can I eat solid foods? I've been eating apple sauce and yogurt but liquids don't fill me up at all. Am I aloud to eat goldfish crackers? Soup? And Veggie Samosa? (my parents are making samosa today and I don't know if I can eat it!) And how long until I can eat solid foods again they told me to eat soft foods for 24 hours. Also I havn;t felt any pain which I think is good! They told me if I do to take Advil but I didn't take any because I didn't feel pain :)

ALSO! Will I be okay to eat candy and junk on Halloween this Monday? I'm going trick or treating with my friends and I'd love to enjoy eating junk with them!

-Kaitlyn

You can go ahead and start eating solid foods now. I'd avoid chewing anything right where the tooth came out but otherwise you should be just fine. If you feel like you're getting food trapped in the area, rinse with warm saltwater. You should be fine for Halloween too!

Back