• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

freaked out new mom

N

newparent

After picking my daughter up from the sitters she points out that she was two loose teeth on the bottom she is only four i called my mother and she told me it was normal also my sister who works at a daycare but i need to hear it some ither a dentist or someone else whos 4 year old has lost teeth so early im desperate PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Why not take her to a dentist, especially if her permanent teeth are coming in? Give yourself some peace of mind and have her checked out. If you are phobic, perhaps your mother or sister can go with you?

I'm not a dentist, (sorry we don't have a resident dentist, we do have some who answer questions, perhaps one will come along soon) but most kids start losing the bottom front at 5 or 6, I've read that some kids start as early as four - it does take a couple months for them to come out. Girls are earlier than boys.

Did she get her baby teeth early?

rp

My daughter lost her first 2 teeth when she was 4 as her adult teeth were pushing them out, I was :o! But my dentist at the time confirmed although it was a little early to lose teeth at 4, it was by no means uncommon. She also stressed it was absolutely nothing to worry about.

My daughter is now 6 and has just started losing some of her other front milk teeth...at the normal age! Her dentist is very happy with her teeth by the way. I would say not to worry at all, but go to a dentist if you want reassurance (I did and it was a big relief).