• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Gap between new composite fillings (molars)

J

jimstark

I just had 2 old metal fillings between a molar and pre molar replaced with composite filling. I noticed that when flossing the floss slides in between the teeth way to easy, before it seemed the contacts between the teeth were tighter. It was grueling and anxiety filled just getting the dental work done, Can they fix this without re doing both fillings? Please tell me this can be fixed without too much stress

I'm not a dentist so I don't know what the options are in regards to closing the gap, but I've lived with that type of space (not noticeable to look at, but also clearly no contact) between 2 of my teeth for years. I think my teeth shifted a bit after my wisdom teeth were removed. I've never had any issues except the occasion food getting stuck - which I can floss right out. I am surprised that the dentist didn't check the contact when he was doing the fillings, but maybe he did and thought it would be fine.

Back