• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Getting 2 wisdom teeth out on my right side !

K

kaybeexx112233

I am getting two wisdom teeth out on the right side of my mouth......awake......with laughing gas and local.
I refused to be put to sleep due to having anxiety about that. Now that I am awake, I have new anxiety issues YAY (not lol).
I am kinda nervous for the numbing needles in the beginning, some people say it hurts like hell and others say its just a pinch.
Will this be the surgery from HELL? My top tooth is a normal extraction and my bottom is partially impacted (i think bony impaction? I'm not sure). But yeah lol.

I don’t know, since they put me out, but I am sure of two things:

1. You’ll do great. Be sure to post your success story here.

2. You’ve already demonstrated a lot of courage by making it this far.

kaybeexx112233

I know everyone is different but my 2 recent wisdom teeth extractions went really easily. No gas, just the very slightest scratchy-feeling local jabs (and I have a very low pain threshold that is amplified by extreme anxiety...)
Well done for posting. :) These things aren't easy.
Best of luck and I can't wait to hear how well things go.

Hi there,

it won't be surgery from hell. The laughing gas will relax you, it will feel like if you had two beer, some people report time flying more quick. The numbing will be a pinch, if anything. In my experience surgeons have the best injection techniques.

All the best wishes and let us know how it went

I had the same exact procedure a few months ago with local and gas only. I can assure you that you will not notice the numbing at all. Good luck and I wish you a good recovery

I'm getting my 2 left wizzies pulled this Friday. I'm getting oral sedation and gas.

I'm freaking out about the extractions (though I've been told it's not going to be bad since they're not impacted)

But I can tell you from experience with locals... it isn't that bad. I hate needles and I've never had an issue with novocaine shots or anything.

I won't lie... its not pleasant, but they're nothing to worry about. It is so quick, you'll barely have time to think about if it really hurt or not. If you even notice. I had numbing without being gassed last time I had it done, I imagine with gassing it'll be even easier

I am getting two wisdom teeth out on the right side of my mouth......awake......with laughing gas and local.
I refused to be put to sleep due to having anxiety about that. Now that I am awake, I have new anxiety issues YAY (not lol).
I am kinda nervous for the numbing needles in the beginning, some people say it hurts like hell and others say its just a pinch.
Will this be the surgery from HELL? My top tooth is a normal extraction and my bottom is partially impacted (i think bony impaction? I'm not sure). But yeah lol.
Not sure if you had it done yet, but in my 20s I had all 4 impacted wisdoms out under the same thing you having I felt not pain. Aware but not aware of what was going on I even had stitches if memory serves me right. Never felt a thing. They did the gas first then needle so I didn’t feel that either. I’m the worlds biggest chicken when it comes to even the thought of losing teeth but it wasn’t bad at all you’ll be fine ? I wish I had them out earlier as it pushed my bottom teeth together due to being impacted for so long and now the front are a mess ? but having the wisdom teeth out wasn’t all that bad. If you already had it done, I hope all went well?

Back