• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

getting a baby tooth pulled

  • Thread starter Thread starter kfkitty
  • Start date Start date
K

kfkitty

Junior member
Joined
Oct 29, 2014
Messages
5
Location
England
I know its a bit late but I'm getting a baby tooth pulled tomorrow and i'm terrified. I am 13 but I still have 1 baby tooth left and it won't budge. I am getting it extracted because my big tooth is behind it and it doesn't have enough room. I have had 2 baby teeth removed before and both of them were bad experiences and hurt really bad. I am just wondering if this one would be the same. I'm so scared i feel sick
 
Hi kfkitty and welcome :)

I'm sorry that you're so nervous about your upcoming dentist appointment, and I understand all too well how that feels. It must make it all the worse when you're last two experiences have been unpleasant; I really feel for you. Do you know what made them so unpleasant? If so, do you think you would be able to tell the dentist before you have your extraction? Maybe if (s)he knows what went wrong for you last time, (s)he could strive to avoid another bad visit for you? If you don't feel comfortable doing that, maybe you could talk to whoever is going with you tomorrow, assuming someone is, and they could broach it with the dentist? Hopefully if they know what the problem is, they will be mindful of your issues and you could finally have a more positive experience?

Please take care, and best wishes

Lost
 
Hi kfkitty and welcome :)

I'm sorry that you're so nervous about your upcoming dentist appointment, and I understand all too well how that feels. It must make it all the worse when you're last two experiences have been unpleasant; I really feel for you. Do you know what made them so unpleasant? If so, do you think you would be able to tell the dentist before you have your extraction? Maybe if (s)he knows what went wrong for you last time, (s)he could strive to avoid another bad visit for you? If you don't feel comfortable doing that, maybe you could talk to whoever is going with you tomorrow, assuming someone is, and they could broach it with the dentist? Hopefully if they know what the problem is, they will be mindful of your issues and you could finally have a more positive experience?

Please take care, and best wishes

Lost


Thank you, I'm not sure i guess she didn't give me enough anesthetic and also my adult teeth were overlapping the baby ones so they were at a weird angle thanks for your support xx
 
No worries :) I just hope by the time of your appointment, you're feeling a bit better.

Okay, so if one of the main reasons for those unpleasant experiences was about being in pain, do you think you could manage asking her about it? You shouldn't have to feel that way, and if you're having such bad visits at the age of 13, it may go some way in increasing your fear in later life. If you get on with the dentist, it should make it a bit easier to talk to her and discuss what's going on for you. Any dentist worth their salt will want to provide the best care possible for their patient, and every patient has the right to ask questions and point out issues they have. Have you spoken to your family about your concerns? I find that bottling things up tends to send my already sky-high anxiety even higher.

It's important to remember that if the dentist doesn't know or isn't made clearly aware that you aren't properly numb, they aren't able to help.

Take care, and don't forget to let us know how it goes tomorrow :)
 
No worries :) I just hope by the time of your appointment, you're feeling a bit better.

Okay, so if one of the main reasons for those unpleasant experiences was about being in pain, do you think you could manage asking her about it? You shouldn't have to feel that way, and if you're having such bad visits at the age of 13, it may go some way in increasing your fear in later life. If you get on with the dentist, it should make it a bit easier to talk to her and discuss what's going on for you. Any dentist worth their salt will want to provide the best care possible for their patient, and every patient has the right to ask questions and point out issues they have. Have you spoken to your family about your concerns? I find that bottling things up tends to send my already sky-high anxiety even higher.

It's important to remember that if the dentist doesn't know or isn't made clearly aware that you aren't properly numb, they aren't able to help.

Take care, and don't forget to let us know how it goes tomorrow :)

i will and thank you again my appointments at 3:50 so i have to go soon:cry:
 
Well, I have had my tooth extracted and it wasn't bad at all. It shocked me how quick it was. My last two trips took an hour each at least yet this one only took 15 minutes thank you for all your support though - without it i'm not sure if would off entered the building!:giggle: The injection hurt but after that i didn't feel a thing.
 
Oh, I'm so pleased to hear that it went well! You should feel very proud of yourself for facing your anxieties and I sincerely hope that this positive experience will go towards helping to alleviate your fear whenever you have your next appointment :) Well done, kfkitty, you've done wonderfully!
 
Oh, I'm so pleased to hear that it went well! You should feel very proud of yourself for facing your anxieties and I sincerely hope that this positive experience will go towards helping to alleviate your fear whenever you have your next appointment :) Well done, kfkitty, you've done wonderfully!


Again thank you for your help, I'm so thankful that i stumbled upon this website xx
 
Back
Top