• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Getting Dentures Soon

P

pandatera

Hi,

I'm only 39 years old, and I'm about to get partial dentures for both upper and lower.

I had always fear of going to the dentist. Haven't been to the dentist for many years. So my teeth and gums are in very bad condition. I knew I had to take care of them, and knew for sure they are rotten to a point that i will need dentures.

My gums are in really bad shape, I have periodontal disease.

This is the treatment plan I gotten from the dentist

Deep cleaning

Then root canal and crown on one of the tooth
new crown for another tooth

extract 11 teeth at one time (5 upper and 6 lower)
I was told it will be under local anesthesia only, for general sedation it will cost at least 1k more and I can't afford that.

Will extracting 11 teeth at one time with only local anesthesia be ok? I'm so worry and scared.

I will be getting my permanent partial dentures right after the extraction on the same day. Will cover one upper and 1 lower reline for the future.

So what you guys think?
I'm so scare and nervous

Hi There

Your plan is virtually a duplicate of what mine was. Yòu can read my story in the success part of the forum. I had four upper front teeth and six lower front teeth removed and partials put in just over 7 weeks ago. Best thing I have ever done. There was no pain what so ever. Have a read of my post and if you want to know anything else you can ask me.

I was scared witless and worried myself sick. Complete waste of time. Focus on the old teeth going and brand new clean and shiny replacements.

Also, I know how hard it is to even get in the dentists door when you have a mouthful of teeth like ours.....be proud you are addressing it now.

buRe: Getting Dentures Soon

Thank you Miss partial. I haven't read your story yet, but I'll be reading it. Hope it helps me with my anxiety. Thank you so much!