• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Getting wisdom AND second molars removed

S

SR8441

Hi all! I'm scheduled to have my bottom wisdom teeth out on Wednesday and, needless to say, I'm petrified. Not only am o getting the bottom 3rd molars (full bony impaction--coming in horizontally) out but also the ones in front of them (which are partially bony impacted). I had my top wisdom teeth out about 7 years ago, but because they had to remove the molars in front of those too and do a biposy, the oral surgeon decided not to remove the bottom ones. So here I am.

There are so many fears I have. Does the fact I'm getting out those other teeth mean ok be in more pain? How soon until I'm back to normal? (I have to return to work on Monday and my job is mainly speaking so that's pretty important). I'm an emetophone so I'm scared of nausea and vomiting. Although the doctor said the risk of nerve danger is low, I worry about damage to the muscles in my jaw. Has anyone had a similar operation?

Also, has anyone done the blood plasma stuff? The doctor described it as they take out a vial of your blood while you are still under, separate the plasma from it, and then put the plasma in your teeth. Supposedly it helps lessen the chances of dry socket and bone regeneration.

Please anyone? I'm so scared!

SR8,

Hi, I do apologize I am not as familiair with what you are having done though have had my share of extractions for sure but I wanted to let you know I saw this and cared and I know how it is to be anxious and wondering about a procedure how will it go and all that goes with it!! I hope it goes smooth for you and you get some peace and healing after this. please keep us updated.. sorry I can't be more help but there are people who care what you are going through .

Back