• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

got my first extractions today finally

J

jblack000

i did it i went and got teeth out under sedation and i am so glad i did so as it was so easy and i did not feel a thing, been phobic for ages and considered backing out but nope i puled it of and now i am going to chill out and recover

Congratulations :jump::jump::jump::jump::respect::respect::respect: and well done for not backing out :claps::claps::claps::yayy::yayy::yayy::wow::perfect:

Follow the aftercare instructions and HAPPY HEALING :butterfly:

thank you very much, and to fellow phobics as far as my day was concerned fear was my biggest enemy and once i had overcome that i was free and clear and eight teeth were removed and i never even knew about it until it was all over.

• ;D

I have to get 7 teeth extracted but only have the money to get the worst 4 done tomorrow. Reading your story has made me feel better because fear is controlling me as well. I am sure everything will be fine once it's all over. Good job!!1

Hi brandnew44 :welcome: to the forum.

By now you will have had your teeth removed, I hope it all went well for you and that you are healing well. I would be interested to hear how you got on if you would be so kind :butterfly:

I know how you must have been feeling so well done!!!! :) I went to the dentist last week for an extraction and I was terrified!! I have to say that my dentist at the Brandsby House Practice in Hull did an amazing job. Thanks Rani! :)
When he got the drill out to basically rip out my tooth, my eyes were watering but I also didn't feel a thing. They certainly gave me a good dose of whatever it was (maybe I should have asked?!!).
My trouble was due to wisdom teeth coming through. I was worried that it was gum disease. My dentist said that there was indeed decay but it was primarily due to my wisdom teeth causing a problem...So I needn't stop eating sweets!! Yipee :innocent:

Will

nice one will, one thing that helped me through my anxiety was making a mental note.
THE DENTIST IS A PERSON AND THEY ARE NOT OUT TO TORTURE ME, THEY WANT TO HELP ME.
and that is exactly what they did, i am healing well and was amazed that i never got any stitches.

Back