• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Growing discomfort with throbbing

L

Llama2022

Had extraction top side sort front tooth 4 days ago , after first 36 pain was much better , 80 or so hours into lower jaw on side pulled went from tight feeling to painful esp whete jawzneets ear . Sensation almost like I need to bite ? Or feels better if open mouth wide as can ? I have had dry sockets decades ago I don’t recall this how start . Have no follow up sppt made they said none necessary .Have MCAS and immune issues feel feverish but 98.4 I’m usually like 97.4 run very low . Followed instructions perfect no solid liquids till 3 then mash potatoes etc. no straw no spit no swish careful use peridex .no emerg service , I’m disabled should I call in am and ask if see me or am I reacting to common healing process ?

Sounds like your jaw joint is not happy, presumably from having your mouth extended wide open for a while during the extraction. Try some ice packs in the area and if it doesn't get better in the next couple of days phone in and check with your practice.

@Gordon I called the oral surgeon‘s office and they called me back I explained what I was experiencing and they told me they see on my chart that I was anxious patient apparently those are discriminated against as they then told me nothing that I am experiencing could have anything to do with their work they told me to take an ibuprofen or an Advil though my chart explicitly says that I cannot take any NSAID I pointed out that I had done very well during the procedure and for the first few days and was just trying to find out what was happening now with the radiating pain into my lower jaw and up to my ear they said we did your upper tooth upper chest never get dry sockets there’s no such thing as radiating pain maybe you need other teeth extracted and basically had nothing else to say. Even as a courtesy I see that most places do a follow up 5 to 10 days after let alone if someone is having any discomfort for no other reason to make sure that everything is healing properly apparently this is not my case and this is why it’s been so many decades before I had the courage to go anywhere I’m sorry at the moment I’m crying and I know that that will only make my pain and discomfort worse. I was so proud of myself I did not have to be treated like this now

Sounds like your jaw joint is not happy, presumably from having your mouth extended wide open for a while during the extraction. Try some ice packs in the area and if it doesn't get better in the next couple of days phone in and check with your practice.
Pulsating now in upper gum next to tooth extraction I don’t know what else to do when called today said discomfort and pain which had dubduded started up after 3 2/3 days can they ck as have history of dry sockets decades ago but don’t know if this is such nurse told me no way too tooth would have it then said looked at my record said I was” you were anxious day of extraction your anxiety is catching up with you . What kind of answers is this I did such a good job that day and calling five days later cause it’s normal thing to do according to every dental directive and because they have personal info on my medical history of anxiety they are dismissing me with not even a follow up appt even if wasn’t in pain .Pain is more now localized like a heartbeat in tooth next to extraction site as well as still pain up and down side of face jaw to ear . They made it clear there was no dental follow up saying go find a regular dentist it’s simply coincidence this happening after our procedures . Our work never needs follow up appts . Help I wish I never trusted another dentist this is like being caught in a nightmare . My I internist who referred me to them and told them my complicated mefical history is saying they are responsible not their problem and I’m caught in middle with no one advocating or helping me. I’m a disabled senior what is wrong with this picture .

I'm sorry, but your description of the problem is so vague that I can't really make any kind of guess as to what's going on. Quote this and answer in between questions and I might be able to help.

1) Which tooth did you have extracted exactly?

2) Any difficulty during the extraction?

3) When exactly did the pain start afterwards?

4) Can you describe the pain? Throbbing/Ache/Stabbing? Where is it hurting?

4) Anything makes the pain better or worse?

5) Smoker?

6) What pain relief have you tried so far?

I'm sorry, but your description of the problem is so vague that I can't really make any kind of guess as to what's going on. Quote this and answer in between questions and I might be able to help.

1) Which tooth did you have extracted exactly?

2) Any difficulty during the extraction?

3) When exactly did the pain start afterwards?

4) Can you describe the pain? Throbbing/Ache/Stabbing? Where is it hurting?

4) Anything makes the pain better or worse?

5) Smoker?

6) What pain relief have you tried so far?
Front tooth I think number 7
Told not difficulty put something in mouth to keep it open used carbsonr as can’t have rpid

Pain started anout 4/4 days in worse by number 5 had been good up to it just normal sore

Throbbing pulsating first was jaw pain ache and radiating to ear nose much of mouth nno Don’t smoke no straw friable fluids only first two days very careful as history of dry sockets when young
Taking Tylenol and half of tramadol
Sometimes opening mouth wide may help some area

Very allergic to stuff over 27 drugs script and Otc have mast cell disease and POTs with autonomic neuropathy
I don’t know what happening
Only riding with warm salt water and some script rinse dental gave me peridex .
Do feel sinus pressure a bit but know not to blow nose etc , right side of face and neck feel pressure like a head cold lady of word neck on right side feel little swolle. Used ice forest two half days all was going very good then these sensation and pains started. Sleep elevated

Can't see any way to link the extraction with the rest of the symptoms you're describing. Pain starting 4 days after extraction is not likely to be a dry socket.

I'd probably stop with the peridex in case you're having an allergic reaction to it.

Tooth 7 is nowhere near your sinus so again can't see a link between that and your symptoms. Also nowhere near your jaw joints so can't see a possible link.

Best way to proceed is to find another dentist and get things checked properly, clearly the one who took the tooth out is not interested in further treatment of you.

@Gordon oral surgeon finally agreed to see me . Wasn’t all in my mind days socket healing well but quite red starting me on amoxicillin for infection .

Back