J
jasmith
Junior member
- Joined
- Oct 9, 2017
- Messages
- 5
I had a large filling on my bottom right molar and, apparently it was quite close to the nerve. I also had a small filling to the molar behind it - this wasn't close to the nerve.
It was a difficult procedure but all was fine after about 2-3 days of discomfort. A few days a go my cheek and lower gums in that area started to feel really sore and swollen, I looked and I couldn't see any swelling or blemishes, but it still hurt a little... when I explored the area with my tongue it felt raw, like the skin had been peeled off.
I've just closely inspected my gums and right where the gums start underneath my tooth it has started going slightly purple/dark red + is very tender to touch.. this wasn't like this a week ago.
When I brush, put pressure, eat, drink hot/cold liquids the tooth isn't at all painful - maybe slightly sensitive to temperatures but no more than any of my other teeth.
Do you have any advice of what this might be? It's not painful but it's not pleasant either.
It was a difficult procedure but all was fine after about 2-3 days of discomfort. A few days a go my cheek and lower gums in that area started to feel really sore and swollen, I looked and I couldn't see any swelling or blemishes, but it still hurt a little... when I explored the area with my tongue it felt raw, like the skin had been peeled off.
I've just closely inspected my gums and right where the gums start underneath my tooth it has started going slightly purple/dark red + is very tender to touch.. this wasn't like this a week ago.
When I brush, put pressure, eat, drink hot/cold liquids the tooth isn't at all painful - maybe slightly sensitive to temperatures but no more than any of my other teeth.
Do you have any advice of what this might be? It's not painful but it's not pleasant either.