• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Gum receding please help!!

G

Gamergiirl001

http://i64.tinypic.com/2d7ypv5.jpg

My lower set of teeth. What can I do to regrow my gums? If there is something I can do PLEASE let me hear it!!
I hear dragons blood works!

Last edited:
Hello,

I’m not sure what to advise unfortunately. Have you seen the dentist or hygienist recently?

Hi,

No I haven't. I'm using a Sonicare toothbrush diamond clean. Ever since I got it I've been using 'whiten' should I switch to 'gum care'? Am I using the toothnrush wrong?

A couple of times I've been brushing using the whiten mode & deep clean mode at once. I stopped cause I noticed my gums where like that.

I can't really tell from the picture, as its fuzzy,what is gum and what is tooth. Are you overbrushing, too hard? I presume you have had an oral hygiene clean in the last 12 months or at least seen a dentist. Has there been a big change since then in the gums ?

http://i66.tinypic.com/51ztys.jpg

Here's a better pic.

About two years ago I think I had a root canal done. Haven't been since & need to go again due to a tooth decay problem/wisdom teeth. Ugh.

Please see a dentist and get it checked. If you have pockets, getting a deep clean by the dentist or hygienist could help make sure it doesn't get worse.

Unfortunately, there is no way for receding gums to "grow back", you can only take measures to prevent it from deteriorating too quickly.

How can you tell if you have "pockets"?

Could I use the deep cleaning setting on my toothbrush?

The dentist will use a tool called the periodontal probe to check for pockets. These have millimeters markings on them to tell how deep the pockets are.

I'm not sure how does the deep setting work, so I can't really comment on that, but I'll say that it's possible to over brush your teeth and injure your gums. So do be careful and brush gently and not use too much strength. You can ask the dentist or hygienist to demonstrate to you what they recommend when you go for a check up.

Back