A
amulet
Junior member
- Joined
- Sep 7, 2011
- Messages
- 6
gum recession and tooth loss
Hello. After years of fearfully watching my gum recede around my lower front teeth, finally loose tooth (24) fell out, and I was forced to face my phobia and go and see a dentist. She was very reassuring and her plan is to remove adjacent unstable teeth (25,26) and fit an immediate partial denture. After reading so many stories of extreme discomfort and facial muscles collapsing around reabsorbed bones
, my question is whether you think I would be a candidate for mini implants for a retained denture? I have a lot of general recession, but the other teeth are potentially safe from coming loose.
Thank you for any advice
Hello. After years of fearfully watching my gum recede around my lower front teeth, finally loose tooth (24) fell out, and I was forced to face my phobia and go and see a dentist. She was very reassuring and her plan is to remove adjacent unstable teeth (25,26) and fit an immediate partial denture. After reading so many stories of extreme discomfort and facial muscles collapsing around reabsorbed bones
, my question is whether you think I would be a candidate for mini implants for a retained denture? I have a lot of general recession, but the other teeth are potentially safe from coming loose.Thank you for any advice
Last edited:
But I have to face up to this, and have tried many facial expressions in the mirror, predicting the inevitable..... not good, and I guess the years will tell on us
. I have read that mini implants can be implanted in mouths with extreme bone loss, but have yet to find a dentist who will confirm this, it seems like the best solution in the long term.
with a little 
Thank you.