• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Hard bump/lump since upper left wisdom tooth extraction

D

dentalfear18

I asked this in another forum but have not got a answer

I have had a hard bump/lump on my gum right above where my wisdom tooth was extracted. I mean its very hard. I have zero pain and was on antibiotics as a precaution for a week. Its been two weeks and this hard bump/lump is still there? Any idea what it is? Again no pain or fever since I had it removed but if I rub my cheek along it or my finger its there

Hi dentalfear18,
Whilst I cannot be certain, I suspect the lump you are referring to is an area where the bone was deformed as the tooth was eased out. These areas tend to gradually disappear as the socket reshapes itself over the following weeks. So nothing to worry about.
Hope this helps
Lincoln

Hi drhirst,

First thank you for replying. I had my two week checkup today and the oral surgeon stated it was nothing. I honestly feel he was a bit rough when he beared down to remove it with what I believe was a elevator because it hurt like hell even with 3 shots of novocaine. Now to his credit he did get it out very quickly. I honestly believe it is bone like you said as its rock hard. Can you tell me about how long it takes for the bone to fully reform back to somewhat of its original shape?

Hi drhirst,

First thank you for replying. I had my two week checkup today and the oral surgeon stated it was nothing. I honestly feel he was a bit rough when he beared down to remove it with what I believe was a elevator because it hurt like hell even with 3 shots of novocaine. Now to his credit he did get it out very quickly. I honestly believe it is bone like you said as its rock hard. Can you tell me about how long it takes for the bone to fully reform back to somewhat of its original shape?

I would allow a good three months

Back