• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Has anyone tried anything like this.

B

Bobsxxx

My front tooth is loose and its inevitable that I'm going to lose it.

Has anyone used something like these to disguse a missing tooth

Hi Bobsxxx,

it would surprise me if you found someone who tried it here on the forum as our mission is to help people overcome their anxiety and hesitancy to get dental treatment- rather than motivating them to find ways around seeing a dentist. I know that reply kind of sucks, but the only right way to take care of a tooth is to have a dentist look at it. There may be an option to save it or, if you lose it, find a way to replace it in a professional way, instead of a piece of plastic. Those clip on things are fake - it is very unlikely it will fit, even more unlikely that it will look natural (there will be huge color difference to your other teeth) and what's probably the worst is that it can cause you troubles when eating or drinking or even damage to other teeth. Sorry...

I am not a dentist but having looked at the page, I saw it has fake reviews with photos taken from other websites, so I'd steer clear.

As scary as going to the dentist is (I am extremely phobic myself) I agree with Enarete that it's best to have a dentist have a look and fix it. Good luck :clover:

How about an actual review...

Dentistry in Scotland returns to normal on 1st November, I assume England will be close behind. Can't you wait till then to get it looked at and possibly sorted. Splinting might be feasible.

I hope this is the case Gordon about dentistry returning to normal soon.

Not sure about normal, but a full range of treatment will be available on NHS from 1st November.

Thank you so much for this, @Gordon. I am pretty impressed by the dedication and commitment of the guy not to give up and get it fitted right. Wow.

It is so sad that people have to resort to stuff like this to hide missing teeth. You must be desperate to use this stuff - the gums alone look so fake.
I hope you can find a solution which is a bit more permanent and a lot more healthy.

I had to have my front tooth extracted last year. I did get an implant but had to go six months before the implant crown could be put in. I got a flipper. It was a lot cheaper than the implant and looked very real. I was actually quite amazed at how real it looked. My friends and family that knew I had it said they couldn’t tell. Mine was made with a gap between the gums and fake tooth, so that the flipper didn’t press on the implant while it was healing and even with the gap, the fake tooth was made in a way that it went up higher to hide that.
Those clip on veneers look like the retainer I had to wear after I had braces way back when. For a year after my braces were off I had to wear a fitted retainer on my top teeth that basically covered all my teeth. It was clear and thin but oh so annoying. It affected my speech and I had to take it out to eat. I can’t imagine you would be able to eat with those. I would consider a flipper if I were you. They are smaller and less of an annoyance in the mouth. You could eventually get something else, like a bridge but you could also wear the flipper permanently.

I might be being a bit controversial here, but I think that a well made partial denture can be more aesthetic than an implant. I'd really challenge any non-dentist to tell the difference.

That guys reviews on YouTube are usually pretty good, he also has 2 golden retrievers which "help" in his reviews at times, so maybe I'm a bit biased :)

I might be being a bit controversial here, but I think that a well made partial denture can be more aesthetic than an implant. I'd really challenge any non-dentist to tell the difference.

That guys reviews on YouTube are usually pretty good, he also has 2 golden retrievers which "help" in his reviews at times, so maybe I'm a bit biased :)
I think my flipper tooth looked better than my implant crown does. I am getting the implant crown redone. I always thought the flipper looked very realistic.

But wouldn’t an implant help with bone loss? Or is there less likelihood of that if only one front tooth is lost?

Yes. But it's not always a big issue.

Not sure about normal, but a full range of treatment will be available on NHS from 1st November.

Does this include the england.. or is it just Scotland?

I don't know about England, I've tried looking but there doesn't seem to be any firm guidance, pretty typical unfortunately.

Back