• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Have an appointment Tuesday, Really Nervous!

B

Brookegrl

Hi all, I am new here, but have been lurking for awhile. Reading here has helped me finally take the first step of making a dentist appt(last month) for the first time in 10 years. I went and they told me I needed a deep cleaning and had 12 cavities, yikes terrible I know. There are 11 cavities on top and 1 on the bottom...they asked me how I wanted to do the filling on the cavities. I think I want to get them all done at once on top when they do the deep cleaning, just bc I want to get this over with as quickly as possible, but will I be in severe pain if I do that??? I am worried that I am making the wrong decision.:confused: Hopefully I made sense.

:welcome:

I did my entire upper mouth in one go my first visit - also first time in ten years. It took four hours and to be honest it was a lot. . Might be better to do one quarter or one half of your mouth at a time - like left side or right side so then you can eat without worry if things are sensitive for a few days......

Thanks for the advice :), I def don't think I could handle four hours, wow! So I will try to break it up a little then, ugg not looking forward to it.

I think you should break it up some. Your jaws may get tired after being open that long. Trust me, if they numb you up correctly there isn't much to having fillings. Or atleast there wasn't for me. Its not that bad.

Back