• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

having all my teeth in my mouth pulled on Feb 9,2012. Need support & advice

B

blythe53

having all my teeth in my mouth pulled on Feb 9,2012. Need support & advice

I am going to the dentist for the first time in 20 yrs and having all my teeth extracted so I can be fitted for dentures. I'm scared to death of the dentist. I'm 53 yrs old and act like a baby when it comes to dentist. They tell me that I can pay $22.00 so they can give me gas so I won't feel anything. Please help me if you can. I really need all the help & support I can get.

Thank you
blythe53:scared:

Re: having all my teeth in my mouth pulled on Feb 9,2012. Need support & advice

Is all the extractions from a dentists diagnosis? Are your teeth really that bad off?

I haven't had all mine done but was told I would need to. Luckily with a second opinion, I am able to have some of my own teeth saved.

I had 9 pulled so far and it's fairly quick for each tooth but it may depend on the tooth being extracted. Some will come out easily, other's might required just a bit more tweaking, but initially it should only take about a minute a tooth.

I was under oral sedation so I don't remember much with the first round. The second round, I remember, but it was a piece of cake!

Have you read in the "What to eat with no teeth" thread yet? Might get some more encouragement in there as well.

Re: having all my teeth in my mouth pulled on Feb 9,2012. Need support & advice

Hey

The best thing for you would be to find a dentist whith whom you can build trust and productive communication. Step by step go further in the direction of healing your teeth and your fear.
I suugest you to have a second opinion. Extracting teeth should be a last favorite alternative. However, if you still prefer to have all the teeth extracted, it would be better to do it under sedation, then it would be much easier.
If you have any specific questions or any other information, don't hesitate to ask :).

Back