• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Having Extractions and Other Work 2 Weeks Before a 10 Day Holiday

C

chrisb1357

Hi all,

Not been on here for a few years but I am a nervous person so always struggle to even get myself to a dentist but I managed to visit the same dentist as my wife yesterday and I must say they are very good and understand the issues I have.

They have suggested I require 2 wisdom teeth extracted and around 3 to 4 fillings on other teeth and a clean. 1 wisdome tooth is impacted and has brook off leaving nearly just the root and a bit of tooth and this has been like that for a few months. I will be under IV sedation which I have had with another dentist. He said they look easy to remove and shown me the x-ray's and the whole procedure is taking around 1 and half to 2hrs as they will do everything in one go.

My only concern is we are going on holiday by road to Europe on Sept 26th for 10 days. I told the dentist this and he said its up to me if I have it done before or after my holiday. The earliest date he can do the procedure is Fri 11 Sept which is 2 weeks before we go.

I am just not sure if I should risk having it done before we go away as am having everything done on one day or wait until first few weeks of Oct once I am back. Last time I had some work done and a tooth removed it took me just under a week to get back to normal.

Many Thanks

Last edited:
Hi I would wait if I were you, that is quite a bit of work to get done. It is so near to you going away as long as you aren't in pain it isn't that long to wait until Oct. If you had any problems with any of the work it would spoil your holiday but sometimes even after a filling our teeth may niggle a bit before they settle down. Usually everything will be fine but you can be sure as soon as the dentists close or we go away we will get a problem. I

It is your choice but I would wait. :butterfly:

Many Thanks for the Support. I am going for my sedation assessment this Friday. Still not decided when to have it all done before or after the holiday.

Hi I would wait if I were you, that is quite a bit of work to get done. It is so near to you going away as long as you aren't in pain it isn't that long to wait until Oct. If you had any problems with any of the work it would spoil your holiday but sometimes even after a filling our teeth may niggle a bit before they settle down. Usually everything will be fine but you can be sure as soon as the dentists close or we go away we will get a problem. I

It is your choice but I would wait. :butterfly:

Have a word with the dentist that you are seeing today and see what they recommend if they think it would be fine to wait until you come back from your hols then I would go with that.

Ask what they would do if it was them :butterfly:

Well all booked in for the 16th Oct with IV Sedation for 2hrs. 2 x Wisdom Teeth Out, Some Fillings etc

Reeeeeeeeesssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuullllllllllllllttttttt good for you :claps::claps::claps:

Have the best holiday and good luck for when you get back and go to your appointment. I think it was a wise decision to have it done after your holiday :butterfly:

Back