• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

headache feeling wiped out day after tooth extraction

  • Thread starter Thread starter fish_out_of_water
  • Start date Start date
F

fish_out_of_water

Junior member
Joined
Aug 4, 2016
Messages
2
I had my k9 tooth pulled and a molar yesterday today I feel so wiped out generally unwell tired easily have to take breaks and slight on and off headache/sensitivity slight dizziness with quick movement. the teeth were very infected on antibiotics and infection had been well into some of my sinus area...just didn't know if this was sometimes normal... head feels a little stuffy pressure snd ear sensitivity on and off..no fever... sorry if this is a post simular to someone else's.. anyway thanks so much for your time..sincerly fish
 
This forum is really for people that are phobic/nervous about seeing a dentist and need encouragement and support to be able to make that first appointment. I don't know if you are nervous or just wanting your enquiry answering. The dentists on here cannot treat you or offer you an opinion without seeing you in person. The dentist that did the extractions is the best person to contact as they have seen you. If they feel they need to see you when you ring up they will tell you and you can go back for them to have a look in person at the condition of the extraction sites.

I will give you my opinion, I have no medical training at all, and I am not a dentist.

It can be normal to feel as you are doing and as long as you aren't in pain that pain meds won't calm down you should be fine. Follow the aftercare instructions that you were given.

It is always best to contact your dentist and get their advice if you are worried. :)
 
this forum is really for people that are phobic/nervous about seeing a dentist and need encouragement and support to be able to make that first appointment. I don't know if you are nervous or just wanting your enquiry answering. The dentists on here cannot treat you or offer you an opinion without seeing you in person. The dentist that did the extractions is the best person to contact as they have seen you. If they feel they need to see you when you ring up they will tell you and you can go back for them to have a look in person at the condition of the extraction sites.

I will give you my opinion, i have no medical training at all, and i am not a dentist.

It can be normal to feel as you are doing and as long as you aren't in pain that pain meds won't calm down you should be fine. Follow the aftercare instructions that you were given.

It is always best to contact your dentist and get their advice if you are worried. :)

i didn't know how to respond personally to your response while i sincerly thank you for the latter part of your comment i feel the first part of your comment was presumptive rude and totally uncalled for. I do have anxieties concerning dentistry ..who are you to question that i don't. This is my first post and i have managed to be ousted by a complete stranger when i only came here for help and support like everyone else here. I looked at the other post in this section and i don't see anything significant that separates my post from theirs.i came here for support so i didn't have to feel so alone and scared but you've mannaged to make me question my faith all together in finding any hope in thiese forums..i only hope i'm not right.
 
Hi I am sorry if my post offended you or upset you in any way. I did state that I didn't know if you were a nervous patient or not. We have had a lot of people coming on here that are not nervous asking for advice which we cannot give.

I would never want to purposely upset anyone as I have been in the position of being terrified to even ring a dentist and make an appointment.

You can have faith in the fact that you will receive as much support and encouragement from the people on here as you want. I was not intentionally rude to you and I am sorry that I was.

I would never question if someone is nervous about having dental treatment, as I didn't read that you were I didn't know so I would never say you weren't.

We are strangers and you have not been ousted away from this forum.

You are more than welcome here the same as everyone is. I really hope you accept my apology and will stay around to get the support you are asking for and needing.

I am also sorry that your first post has had a reply from me that has upset you, so can I just take this chance to welcome you properly and ask you to stay with us.

Hi :welcome::welcome::welcome:to the forum. I am sorry you are suffering with your mouth but your dentist really is the best person to contact if you have pain that pain meds don't touch or if you get a bad taste. It is usual to feel totally wiped out especially when we are nervous as the stress beforehand seems to exhaust us as soon as the procedures are over. I think we are so tense and also lose sleep and probably don't eat either that along with the symptoms of the extractions we also suffer exhaustion and aching from the procedure as well as the body relaxing in general from being tense leading up to the appointment. Give it a couple of days and you should start to feel better. :butterfly:

I wish you all the best and I hope you heal well
 
Hey fish -

Welcome! Sorry you got off to a shaky start there!

Stick around, you are very welcome and you will find plenty of sympathy and support on here, you are definitely not alone :hug: I get how frightening and isolating this sort of stuff can feel.

We get a lot of people passing through here who either haven't read the rules or are just chancing their arm to take advantage of the dentists' kindly donated time, using it as a general dentistry forum - unfortunately this means the mods need to look out for those posters and sometimes the net can get cast a little too wide and there is the occasional false positive.

Can't answer your question I'm afraid (not a dentist!), could be infection, could be just anxiety & exhaustion from the treatment - best thing would be to contact the dentist who treated you if you are worried at all, they should be able to put your mind at rest, and prescribe anything you need.


Let us know how you get on

Tink x
 
Ah, cross-posted with Carole there! Plenty of welcomes now :)
 
Hi fish, just wondering how you are feeling? Hope you're doing a bit better now and your recovery is going well :hug:

Tink x
 
Hi fish_out_of_water. I am not a dentist or in the medical field so you should always double check with your dentist or primary care doctor. However I have had both a sinus infection and a tooth extraction though not at the same time. A sinus infection can make you feel stuffy and a feeling of pressure in your face around your nose and forehead. It can also affect your ears as in feeling like you have an earache like a really bad head cold. And you can feel tired as well. I did.
My extraction left me exhausted. I slept most of the following day and was still a bit tired 2 days after. It was more emotional I think since I was in pain and not expecting an extraction. I had a previous extraction when I was much younger and was up and about like it never happened immediately afterwards but that was under a very different set of circumstances.

Since you are on antibiotics that should help resolve your tooth and sinus infection. If not you may need another course or a different type. They say it can take two to three days to start to feel better once you start the antibiotics. I know when I am on them they tend to make me tired. That's just my reaction to them. Are you also on pain meds? If they are prescription ones that can also have a side effect of sleepiness or feeling loopy.

Once again if you are worried you can ring up the dentist or your doctor. If you have medical insurance some companies provide a free care line that aregistered run nurse answers and can guide you in the right direction and suggest what your next step should be based on your symptoms.

Good luck and I hope you are feeling better.
 
Back
Top