• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Helping one another

G

Gems

Junior member
Joined
Jun 21, 2023
Messages
4
Location
London
I’m currently experiencing painful infections that are making me very ill and will essentially now require me at the age of 43 losing my teeth and having to replace with implants. This is all due to a congenital defect (oligodontia) and lifelong dental interventions (which haven’t always gone well), trauma, embarrassment and sickness. I’ve already spent tens of thousands on loans etc throughout my 20s/30s to correct but now as a mum of two with other responsibilities I’m really at the end of any road and am withdrawing socially and mentally from everything. I’m terrified as to where to even begin. I’m therefore posting a go fund me here to seek the smallest bit of help from anyone who might be inclined to and I hope that’s ok. I’m too ashamed to share my before but my dream if I ever find a solution is to share the after on social media, reflect back on the journey and ultimately play it forward and fundraise for others in the same situation through no fault of their own - a UK Tooth Fairy if you will. More of my story can be found on my page here: https://gofund.me/6e55a64dc
Any kind words or tiny donation anyone could offer would provide even just a flint of hope in a very dark place right now. I truly believe that enough of us on here help each other in this way even just a small amount we can practically help each others journeys.
 
Back
Top